Search My Network...

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Grabbed another Widget Blog & Domain Name...

With the popularity of Google's AndroidTM 2 operating system for smart phones and handheld computing devices, and the upcoming release of Verizon's Droid on Friday which is creating quite a buzz due to the marketing that Verizon has thrown at the little device (check out the promo site they have up at http://www.droiddoes.com/), my own personal excited peaked in anticipation of these events and I went out and registered a domain name and another blog.

I have always been enamoured with the iPhone, but it just didn't seem practicle even if there was AT&T coverage available in my state (more bars in more places: My butt!). But I am more of an open source fan. Enter the Android 2 OS.

I have always wanted a good camera phone, but quite honestly the crap that is available nowadays isn't worthy of viewing on a computer or HDTV monitor. It all stinks, and as an artist and an amateur photographer, it just doesn't merit being called a camera.

As a graphic designer for the web I see all my old digital photographs look small and unimportant in the old 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions we were bound to in the days that technology was just emerging.

This is a typical problem with camera phones, they are not just poor quality with low resolutions, but are so highly compressed that the resulting images are mere mosaics of the image they represent. Still, I don't bring my good camera everywhere I go, and there are many times that I wish I had it, like after the Sioux Falls Storm won the United Indoor Football championship in 2008 and the whole team posed for photos afterwards. Or when my son was awarded his trophy for being the Defensive Rookie Player of the Year for his division champion Pee-Wee football team "The Warriors".

These are priceless moments, but it seems to be an insult to save them with a small resolution 1.2 megapixel camera that doesn't even come close to being serious about the images it takes.

After all, my cell phone does almost everything. It is my alarm clock and timer. My calendar and reminder. My phone book as well as my phone.

Heck, one of these days phones will become our wallets.

Anyway, I grabbed the domain name WidgetDroid.com. This should be a great name to recomend and sell AndroidTM 2 widget and application downloads. I then went and announced that I registered the domain name on my Domainating blog on WordPress. When I came back here to Blogger I also wound-up grabbing the WidgetDroid blog name on Blogger because I used the wrong name to access this blog.

Perhaps I will prefer to use the WidgetDroid.Blogspot.com address now that I have that domain name, too. Maybe I will even start a new blog at WordPress if the name is still available over there, as well.

Go AndroidTM!
-Doug

1 comment:

  1. Now a day, iphone is very much famous among people. Everyone looking for quality iphone. Even me too...
    Buy domain

    ReplyDelete